We have a current opportunity for a Project Developer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Port Elizabeth. For further information about this position please apply.
The below tasks will be the core responsibility of the Project developer:
- Origination of new renewable energy projects (clear initial risks, site visits, secure land).
- Manage or facilitate commercial negotiations for the signing of agreements such as: land lease agreements, servitudes, environmental impact assessments, regulatory approvals, electrical connection applications and agreements.
- Keep abreast of Renewable Energy and wider power market developments, monitoring market activities in the RE sector and identifying potential opportunities for, and threats to, the Company's strategy.
- Additionally, the Employee shall also carry out all other tasks and duties generally associated with the position to which he/she has been appointed. The Employee shall also perform such other duties as may reasonably be required by the Employer from time to time. The Employee accepts that his/her duties are of such a nature that he/she will from time to time be required to travel to carry it out.
- Support the Company's participation in the upcoming rounds of the Renewable Energy IPP Procurement Program (primarily land and environmental sections).
- Conduct land and environmental due diligences for the potential acquisition of renewable energy projects.
- Manage internal costs and external consultant costs in accordance with development budgets.
- Foster working relationships with external consultants, advisors, regulatory authorities, landowners, and joint venture partners, convening meetings when necessary and bringing relevant matters to the attention of colleague's and the Head of Project Development of the Company
- The Employee is responsible for managing his area of responsibility in such a manner to ensure the effective, professional, and pro-active provision of services to the clients of the Employer.
- The Employee shall always treat clients and/or service providers with care and respect and endeavour to avoid harm to the good name of the Employer or the relationship between the Employer and its clients.
You should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- BEng/BSC/BTech in Science or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years work experience as a renewable energy Project Developer in South Africa
- Software program knowledge: Good master of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Teams, Global mapper is advantageous
- Candidate must be independent (someone we could easily send out on the field alone)
- Strong health & safety competences
- Exceptional understanding of contract management
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Fluent in English is mandatory, conversational isiXhosa and/or Afrikaans would be advantageous
- Understanding of environmental law is advantageous
- Must have a driver's license