We have a current opportunity for an Associate Project Developer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in London (if you're based elsewhere in Europe and open to relocate to London please apply, client will pay for visa's, relocation etc.)
The role offers candidates the opportunity to quickly gain experience, with exposure throughout the development lifecycle. Junior members of the team are encouraged to own and run as many elements of a project as they are able.
As such we are looking for self-starters with an enquiring mind and desire to become part of a globally focussed team. This position will support the Project Manager in various commercial activities related to project development, evaluation, budget and schedule and how such impact returns.
The role will cover the following:
* Support project development efforts including: due diligence, business case development, risk assessment, contract negotiation and any and all activities up until handoff to construction teams.
* Be directly involved in the project development siting strategy and the identification of prioritized areas for project development based on technology application and expected addressable market
* Lead the permitting process and conducting a red flag analysis of projects that the platform decides to pursue. These may also include project opportunities that the client may be interested in acquiring.
* Work closely with technical teams and project finance teams to ensure projects are optimised in order to maximise return.
* Manage the development cycle through the various stages and processes which may include some or all of the following activities:
o Assist with scoping and contracting of environmental assessment work
o Facilitate the completion of initial site assessments, including site visits
o Oversee the preparation of early phase environmental impact studies
o Draft supporting documentation, including consultancy agreements, risk assessments etc
o Assist with documenting and managing project information and approval processes
o Assist with title searches, letters and updating GIS cadastral information o Support technical analysts/associates with research and development of geospatial dataset
o Manage databases and information resources on behalf of the team
* Where required be responsible for research of national/federal and regional regulatory frameworks, incentive programs including ownership of the incentive application process & tracking as well as country specific bidding requirements
* Manage the execution of key project deadlines and milestones
* Work with the broader team in submitting offers as part of competitive auction processes
* Assist in the training of junior team members
* Travel to project sites as part of the development process, where travel may be for extended periods of time in certain instances.
* Minimum 4 years' experience with a developer/IPP, utility company, or private equity group
* Experience in, and/or interacting with one or more of the following disciplines: engineering & construction, business development, project development, operations & maintenance, renewable auctions, finance, procurement, environmental compliance, permitting, and transmission, in either wind/solar or battery storage is required. Additional experience in asset acquisitions and contract negotiations is a plus.
* Thorough understanding of engineering and economics related to renewable power generation including concepts such as: megawatt, megawatt hour, solar resource assessment/energy prediction, wind resource assessment, capacity pricing, energy pricing,
* Proven ability to quickly and accurately solve problems and provide constructive solutions
* Ability to identify project risks and mitigations, development of business cases for capital investment decisions is highly desired.
* Track-record of working in teams with aptitude and attitude of primary importance.
* Full written and oral fluency in English, other European languages a plus.
* Keen interest in emerging markets or experience in emerging markets.
* A willingness to travel as and when required.