We have a current opportunity for a Project Electrical Design Manager on a contract basis.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Preparation of terms of reference for the subcontracted engineering work and management of the design review for those subcontractors.
* Preparation or reviewing of electrical equipment load schedules, to design the electrical distribution system and size the electrical equipment.
* Gathering the electrical design requirements from the different disciplines.
* Coordinating between electrical design and other discipline designs including the review and approval of associated layout and electrical drawings.
* Preparation of terms of reference for and/or or review of system studies including protection coordination studies and transient stability studies.
* Creation or reviewing of SLDs, schematics, electrical design procedures, electrical design specifications and associated typical drawings in line with Northvolt Technical Specifications.
* Technical support to procurement and construction.
Role will be based in Hamburg, Germany until the end of 2022 then move to site in Heide. Germany from 2023.
Skills & Requirements
* Bachelors or Master's in Electrical engineering
* Minimum of 8 years experience in electrical design/engineering for heavy industrial, manufacturing or process facilities such as pharmaceutical, data centres, oil & gas, automotive, food & beverage manufacturing, etc.
* Experience with design, installation and/or commissioning in the field of LV, MV and/or HV network and associated control and protection system.
* Experience in leading design work from concept stage to issue for construction drawings
* Good theoretical basis for electrical calculations (sizing of cables, transformers, PFC, motor starting, load studies, load flows, short circuit calculations, harmonic studies and earth grid designs)
* Experience using power systems simulation software e.g. ETAP, Powerfactory, Neplan etc.
* Fluency in English and German. Valuable (but not required) if fluency in other languages
* Computer literacy (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project)
* Highly organized and result driven
* Has a can do-attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit