Job Description Summary
As related customer equipment, faciliaties or infrastructure projects: responsible for project delivery, profit & loss accountability, and customer satisfaction through management of project related activities and resources. Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Has significant input into priorities. Guided by professional practices and policies that are shaped by the role. The role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review all proposals relating to site activities developed once the project was turned over to Order To Remittance (OTR);
- Develop implementation plan with OTR project team;
- Application of the project execution strategy, for the scope of work allocated, to deliver the project within the contract specification, schedule, budget and cash targets;
- Ensure project compliance to Client Spirit & Letter, GPS Golden Rules, local regulations and EHS;
- Management of permitting requirements and interface to local authorities in accordance with legal and contractual obligations;
- Co-ordination of all activities for the allocated scope including civil construction, M&E installation and commissioning;
- Support the development of the construction subcontracting strategy and the selection and procurement of main site subcontractors in accordance with the agreed strategy;
- Resolution of claims and concessions to/from customers, consortium partners, contractors and sub-suppliers for the allocated scope of work;
- Define effective claim strategies towards customer and/or partners and/or main subcontractors;
- Management of risks and opportunities, associated to the allocated scope of work, by the implementation of appropriate action plans;
- Development and evolution of the overall project schedule, for the allocated scope of work, updating of the schedule to reflect progress and using the schedule to optimize work and resolve problems;
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project's objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members;
- Assistance to the Project Director in the reporting of project progress (including financial) with clear identification of key issues which impact, or may influence, the project success;
- Capture return of experience and best practice;
- Develop and maintain corresponding relationships with customer, partners and main subcontractors;
- Ensure adherence to the determined escalation process;
- Responsible for proper hand over from OTR Project Team to Power Services.
- Graduated with Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from local or internationally recognized university;
- At least 10 years' experience in project management function in EPC power plant.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Experience in negotiation of complex contracts and sound commercial understanding of project feasibilities, market differentiators and power business;
- Experience of Health and Safety leadership in challenging project environment;
- Good communication in managing medium to large teams as well as engaging with senior management.
- PMP/PMI qualified;
- Proven track record of project improvement margin;
- Ability to influence others and lead small team.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.