Project Manager, Construction
For our customer, a prominent international player, we are looking for a motivated and experienced Construction Project Manager. The technology of the world's most well-known hyperscalers, cloud providers, and major organizations is powered, cooled, protected, and connected by our client. Our customer has improved data center technology by developing and operating in six markets in North America and six markets in Europe.
You'll be a member of the Construction team, which is in charge of the complete process flow of delivering physical data centers from shovel ready to commissioning, collaborating with Sales, Operations, and management along the way. Construction takes the work product generated by the Development & Engineering (D&E) team and puts it into action.
- You will own the project and oversee and personally deliver construction projects from conception to conclusion under the leadership of the Director, Construction.
- As a vital member of the team, you will manage client expectations, as well as the performance of the General Contractors/MEP contractors in terms of timelines, budgets, health and safety, and quality, assuring on-time and on-budget completion.
- Monitor Health and Safety to verify that people in construction sites follow instructions.
- Ensuring that the requirements and specifications are met.
- Collaborate with other departments to guarantee smooth interface implementation.
- Ensuring that all additional client work is priced and completed in accordance with the client's expectations.
- Assist Business Stakeholders and Project Delivery Teams at the start of the project and throughout its lifecycle, ensuring a common strategy is taken and exchanging best practices.
- Make a plan ahead of time to avoid complications and address any issues that arise.
- Prepare job status reports for internal and external audiences.
- Bachelor degree in construction management, architecture, civil, or mechanical engineering
- Proven track record of managing large scale, high complexity projects within international setting
- Used to working within fast-paced environments
- Experience within cross-functional and cross-cultural teams is essential
- Being able to manage the General Contractor with minimum supervision
- Non-confrontational approach to get points across
- Passion and drive for customer satisfaction
- Fluent in German and English
As an open-minded and loyal employer, we welcome applications from applicants of all genders, cultures and physical conditions.
If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity with a dynamic organization, please email your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org.