Project Manager Construction Solar
Start: 1st Oct 2021
Duration: 1 year
Graduated in engineering, you have 7 to 10 years of experience in project management in construction, ideally in the solar sector.
------------ Portuguese speaker with fluent professional English required.
------------ Strong Project Management skills required, ideally confirmed by a PMP certification or similar.
------------ Knowledge of Portuguese H&S regulations and standards.
------------ Knowledge of Portuguese construction and building regulations and standards.
------------ MS Project experienced.
You are available to travel to the site in Portugal regularly (up to 50% of the time) to manage the construction of the project.
Within the Onshore Construction Europe department of the company, reporting to the country Team Lead Construction the Project Manager Solar will deliver a solar project in Portugal.
- You will have the following missions: You are responsible for the proper execution of the project assigned to you (15 à 40 million €) in respect of the safety, budget, time and quality.
- You are in charge of the projects from the moment when all administrative conditions for construction are waived (typically after the internal Final Investment Decision) to the Final Acceptance of the asset and its hand over to Operations.
- You plan the project and lead a multidisciplinary team (Engineering, Legal, Procurement, H&S, etc.)
- You manage the several stakeholders of the project and you are the central point of contact during construction.
- You proactively drive and contribute to the continuous improvement of the organization (e.g. reduce lifetime costs, increase internal efficiency, Exchange of Best Practices)
During preparatory phase for construction :
- You support procurement activities in relation to the construction contract(s).
- You support Development and Engineering for the various studies for Balance of Plant (geotechnical studies, detailed layout, cabling, etc.) in order to deliver the detailed design of the project.
- You support Engineering in drafting the technical specifications and scope for the Balance of Plant based on the validated detailed design.
- You define the specifications and manage the tender phase in cooperation with the Procurement department for the following contracts:
- HSE Coordinator according to the country legal requirements
- Environmental/archaeological monitoring according to the country legal requirements
- Owner's Engineer service according to the company's specifications
- Any other contract necessary to fulfil the country's legal obligation during construction
- You actively participate to the contract negotiations of the selected subcontractor and suppliers.
During construction :
- With the support of Procurement, you manage the subcontractor and supplier contracts: legal and contractual provisions, bonds, payments, claims, etc.
- With the support of the site management team (Owner's Engineer, HSE, etc.) and a QA Manager, you are accountable for:
- the Health and Safety on the site.
- the coordination of works and all interfaces between the subcontractors on site, incl. interfaces with the local authorities and land owners.
- the schedule of execution and make sure the project milestones are respected or improved.
- the respect of the quality control plan, to manage Documentation and non-conformities remediation.
- The organization of the test and checks prior to final acceptance of the asset.
- the monthly reporting.