Earthstream are proud to partner with a global renewable energy developer currently pushing forward with project development activities in Japan. As such we are looking for a commercially minded Project Manager to come on board in their Tokyo Offices.
- To obtain and maintain permits for solar power project in Japan
- To build and maintain relationship with local stakeholders such as project owners, prefecture / city office, land owners, and local associations
- To develop new business opportunities which will lead to development of solar projects
- Manage the Legal and Technical Due Diligence process with the support of the legal and technical teams
- Negotiate the relevant project contracts: NDA, Exclusivity, Lease, PPA, SPA etc
- Support along the project finance arrangement or sell down of a project by solving the possible problems that may arise during due diligence.
- Prepare financial model to assess the returns of the project
- Generating and understanding company strategies and developing best business practices accordingly.
- Support the Administration Department in the Budget control
- Maintain a permanent contact with the local authorities
- Prospect, identify, and communicate with high-level decision makers in order to cultivate new client relationships.
- Secure meetings with executives and decision makers.
- Perform contract negotiations with the customer's decision makers
- Report and inform management accurately on pipeline activity and timing.
- Articulate deal rationale and expected financial outcomes to the internal management team and other key stakeholders as an important element of the project approval process.
- Incorporate business strategy into key activities and prioritize accordingly to reach sales goals.
- Willingness to follow all facets of business and project development processes as a team player.
- Stay abreast of all changes in the solar markets - including policy changes, competitor news, and market developments.
- Foresee and solve problems or needs of the Development process
- Strong understanding of renewables industry, energy and environmental issues in the relevant jurisdiction
- Ability to manage the entire project development process with various stakeholders and suppliers (originate, negotiate land right agreements, commercial DD, technical DD, PPA, etc).
- Technical understanding of solar and the energy markets.
- Understanding of commercial activities including funding arrangements and legal requirements.
- Understanding of financial modelling (Desirable)
- Be able to conduct business trips on a frequent basis
- Native Japanese, Business level English (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of the PV sector, regulations, policies, etc
- Ability to analyze technical details, economic and financial models.
- Previous experience in a Power/ Renewable Energies/ PV company is desirable
- Previous experience to communicate with local authorities and goverment offices