Project Manager - Wind
Location: San Diego, CA or remotely in US
Provide project management and technical support for development and construction activities of utility scale wind and solar projects across the United States and support projects in other markets as necessary. Provide due diligence review of project development and construction related contracts, technical documents, and field work.
- Provide technical due diligence and budget review of wind, solar and high voltage transmission projects during the development phase.
- Work with Pattern's preconstruction and development groups in the development, solicitation, bid evaluation, contract review and award of construction services contracts for various projects.
- Provide overview of interface with major equipment suppliers. Ensure division of responsibility is coordinated between various stakeholders, EPC contractor and turbine supplier. Ensures schedule and delivery provisions of major equipment agreements are compatible with project needs and EPC contract documents.
- Review construction documents for completeness and compliance with utility interconnect agreements, power purchase agreements, land lease agreements, environmental permits, and good industry practice.
- Execute the construction of the projects; be accountable for the safety, quality, cost and schedule of the project. Serve as the lead negotiator for any changes to project scope and schedule.
- Provide overview of project interface with interconnect utility. Ensure documents and drawings required by interconnect and power purchase agreements are provided in a timely manner. Review monthly progress report to utilities.
- Participate in the management of third-party technical engineering support of project work, particularly relating to the design and performance of major equipment.
- Liaison with Independent Engineer's for design and construction review of active construction projects. Ensure timely approval of design documents and resolves technical issues relating to project design. Review and comment on Independent Engineer's due diligence reports for active construction projects as well as development opportunities.
- Provide project interface with Pattern management and construction lenders. Furnish weekly and monthly reports and status updates as required.
- Five to Ten years progressive responsible experience in the power industry with significant experience to manage construction of utility scale wind project. Experience to manage Transmission, solar projects is a plus.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or construction management is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to complete multi-million dollar construction projects on schedule and within budget. Field experience desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and resolve multiple issues on multiple projects under demanding schedule constraints.
- Through understanding of construction contact concepts, language and terms.
- Knowledge of basic engineering concepts. Familiarity with wind project access roads, wind turbine foundations, transmission and distribution equipment, overhead and underground cable installation, reactive power compensation equipment, and SCADA systems helpful.
- Facility with typical computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Scheduling application experience a plus (MS Project, Primavera).
- Approximately 30-50% annually.
- North America (U.S., Canada)