We have a current opportunity for a Project Planner on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Cape Town or Johannesburg. For further information about this position please apply.
Do you enjoy developing and maintaining all project schedules in accordance with the relevant contracts? You will be liaising with other business functions, while ensuring the integrity of data throughout the project life cycle is developed.
● Develop and maintain the project master schedule in accordance with the work breakdown structure, contracted scope, delivery dates and financial baseline. If multiple sub projects exist, coordinate, control and integrate the interfaces creating logical links and maintaining updates.
● Assess progress and analyse the impact of forecast changes (schedule and financial) to identify threats at the earliest opportunity.
● Perform critical path and 'what if; analysis, including the development of
work-around plans, capturing, monitoring and driving associated actions.
● Control the project baseline (schedule and financial) to reflect any contracted amendments.
● Control the allocation of contingency reserve and updates to the schedule baseline ensuring alignment to the risk register.
● Produce internal and customer reports to confirm the project cost, schedule variance and project look-aheads.
● Monitor and analyze project effectiveness using qualitative and quantitative tools.
● Recommend and implement modifications to improve effectiveness and attain project milestones.
● Prepare short and long-term resource allocation plans based on input from all key players and team members.
● Ensure to take appropriate planning measures with all clients to reassess, renegotiate and amend scope of work responsibilities, proposals, contracts and budgets.
● Ensure to convey required project data and information to project teams.
● Evaluate and analyze with team risks and issues compromising project schedules and develop plans to mitigate them
● Lead development of baseline schedule and support Project Manager (PM).
● Liaising with the project team to discuss the progress of the project and address
any issues that arise.
● Liaise with external contractors and suppliers to organize the phases of the
● Work with the business functions (eg. Engineers, Subcontractors, Procurement etc) to ensure the timely monthly updates of the schedule and drive to continually improve the quality of the schedule.
Compile detailed-level schedules, manpower histograms and S-curves
● Gather actual data, update project schedules and develop reliable schedule
forecasts with support from the project team.
● Prepare and present regular internal and external project reports for management.
● Produce tender plans to support bids.
● Possessing a Planning Certification or qualification with more than 7 years
experience in construction and 2-3 years in solar PV.
● Or a Planning Certification and a degree in Project Management, Engineering or
Construction Management (BSc, BTech, BEng) with more than 5 years experience
in construction and 2 years in solar PV.
● Must be fully proficient in the use of Planning/Scheduling software such as MS Projects or Primavera P6.
● Must be fully proficient in English (verbal and written communication).
● Must be fully computer literate (MS Office Suite and Google App Suite).
● Strong organisational and administrative skills.
● An ability to apply process thinking and solve problems.
● The ideal candidate will be passionate about the renewable energy industry and the company's contribution to the future of energy.
● He/she will embody respect and responsibility in the full sense of the word, and will enjoy contributing to a team of highly knowledgeable professionals.
Key Performance Indicators
● Project Score (including schedule effectiveness)
● Number of schedules developed and maintained
● Quality Score of business functions supported