We have a current opportunity for a Project Planner within the Energy industry to join our client on a permanent basis located in Stone, England.
With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, our client (part of the EDF Group) has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency and delivering performance on a massive scale. Our client works in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments and have delivered critical automation projects across energy, transmission and renewables sectors.
To provide support to the project delivery team in the planning and coordination of projects and programme activities. Support will be across a large portfolio of projects and include planning of project activities and resource, coordination of supply chain and logistics. The role will involve occasional visits to customer sites, and it is expected that the successful candidate will have experience of project lifecycles for different project delivery models and have some understanding of Systems integration and the Energy Market.
- Working with the Management team and Project Managers to produce and maintain detailed project plans and resource allocation plans across the portfolio.
- Provide detailed impact plans for assessment of variations.
- Assisting sales team to provide detailed tender programmes.
- Coordination and liaison with site-based installation/commissioning teams, providing programme updates and driving progress.
- Coordination and liaison with internal (shop floor build and purchasing) and external (BOM suppliers) supply chain for provision of installation materials to the agreed plan / work schedule.
- Reporting progress, performance, and commercial information to the Programme Management team.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Proven experience using P6 or MS Project to delivery complex engineering projects.
- Proven experience & understanding of NEC contracts and how this is applied to planning.
- Good skills/experience in Word, Excel, Outlook, database
- Experience using Microsoft Project
- Experience of work planning / work allocation
- Experience of Earned Value Analysis
- Experience of monitoring procurement, supply chain, subcontractors, and logistics
- Experience of working on projects for National Grid and/or other large scale electricity generating companies/transmission companies.
- Must be able to work under pressure, to strict deadlines, sometimes juggling multiple demands.
- Willingness to learn and be pro-active.
Applicants for employment for this position must have right to work in the UK. Our client will not provide any visa for this role.