Our client are a leading provider of HV engineering services to the majority of DNO's across the UK. Due to continued growth and recent contract awards they are now looking for skilled and proven Protection & Control Design Engineers at all level of seniority to join their Design Team. You'll be working on a variety of substation schemes from 33kV - 400kV.
We have positions for;
- Protection & Control Designers
- Senior P&C Designers
- Principal P&C Designers
Our client are happy to offer a flexible working model though you will be required in the office on a weekly basis for a minimum of 2 days. Office locations include Central Belt of Scotland, West Yorkshire and the North East.
- Producing designs for substation Protection and Control systems (Single Line Diagrams, Circuit Diagrams, General Arrangements, Wiring Diagrams, Block Cable Diagrams/Schedules, cable specification/sizing calculations, etc.)
- Producing specifications for substation Protection and Control systems
- Working alongside other designers, construction professionals and engineering teams
- Liaising with external stakeholders, including the end client, other design houses and consultancies as well as other internal departments.
- Minimum 3 years' experience designing Protection and Control systems
- A good understanding of power industry (particularly UK) including technical standards;
- Ability to work in a team environment and adhere to budgets and programmes;
- Good communication skills;
- At least a HNC or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.