Role of the Expediter:
The requirement is for Purchasing coordinator / Expeditor to support Supply Chain Group. Person will be responsible for expediting with suppliers for purchase orders which are already placed on Supply Base. Person will be responsible for interacting with their suppliers to ensure parts are delivered on time to support customer requirements. Person will be responsible to lead Status Review meetings, provide updates (e-mail, meeting participation and one-on-one interaction) to customers. Person will be responsible to work with a cross functional team (SCM Management, Procurement, Quality, Operations and Engineering) to ensure all customer requirements are met. Person will be responsible to identify supplier performance gaps and work with the customer, supplier and SC Management to resolve. Must work in Central European time Zone.
- Be at the supplier as frequently as possible
- Expediting for OTD or delivery date improvement, including shipping documentation (packing slips, Bill of Lading, Tracking Information etc)
- Manage supplier delivery performance to reach 95% or better on-time delivery.
- Daily interaction with suppliers.
- Validate supplier supply chain and manufacturing processes and schedules end to end. Identify gaps & corrective actions. Track them in the Open Points list.
- Communicate/solve bottlenecks or process opportunity areas
- Lead the Status Review meetings & participate in supplier production meetings.
- Answering queries on delivery of products.
- Prepare detailed status reports for purchasing confirming delivery commitments and advising of any significant potential delinquent items.
- Work with Suppliers & buyers to resolve schedule related problems quickly, economically & effectively.
- Enter dates for daily, weekly, monthly forecasting reports, metrics, meeting agendas, and notes.
- Publishing the twice-weekly status updates.
- Establish working partnership and good relations with suppliers