We have an exciting opportunity for a leading provider of HV engineering services who require a skilled and proven Quantity Surveyor to be based at their offices in Wakefield.
The main purpose of the role will be to work alongside the existing commercial team in providing commercial management to their Networks division for overhead line, switchgear and HV cable works across the North of England. In addition the role will include all other activities to enable successful P&L, cash flow and working capital management.
- Managing costs;
- Ensuring that all contracts, up and down supply chain, are fit for purpose;
- Providing cash flow forecasts;
- Valuing completed works;
- Identification & notification of compensation events;
- CVR creation and management;
- Managing the dispute and defects process with the Client;
- Establishing and chairing of monthly project reviews;
- Attending client progress meetings;
- Following client work approval procedures;
- Managing invoicing and debts
- Previous experience in a Quantity Surveyor or similar role;
- Experience of working on both Framework and NEC contracts;
- Experience of working in the Power Distribution or wider utilities industry;
- Knowledge of street works and an understanding of working on public highways;
- A degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or other related discipline (can be substituted by a relevant HNC and suitable experience);
- Good MS Excel skills including the use of look ups and pivot tables.