Earthstream are proud to be recruiting a Safety Systems Commissioning Engineer for a true leader in advanced systems integration with a focus on operational technology & digital transformation for some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments
Job Role: Safety Systems Commissioning Engineer
Location: Stone - Hybrid
Rate: £400-450 per day
As a Safety Systems Commissioning Engineer your remit will include:
The main purpose of the job is the commissioning of hardwired site safety systems. This could involve involvement in testing, configuration, and commissioning of these types of Control Systems and related software engineering activities for industrial control system applications predominantly in the nuclear industry. The candidate should have proven experience in Safety control systems, ideally supported by relevant certification and training. This role will be predominantly based at customer sites within the UK, but could also involve spending time working in their office in Staffordshire.
What you will bring to the company:
- Holds an appropriate qualification in a relevant discipline normally accompanied by 10 years' experience in a commissioning environment.
- Has a proven track record of commissioning safety systems. Can work within a multi-discipline team to safely execute the commissioning.
- Has experience producing and reviewing FAT and SAT specifications and requirements tracking documents such as VVRM's.
- Has experience passing a commissioning engineer SQEP questionnaire and an interview by Commissioning lead and/or client representatives.
- Has excellent awareness of Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ability to assist on a Test and Commissioning Panel.
- Communicates effectively with Stakeholders including Facility personnel, vendors and sub-contractors.
- Capable of assignment to one or multiple projects.
- Qualified to undertake live testing up to 230V/ac and previous experience.
- Can produce training documentation and training to both customer operators and maintainers.
- In depth knowledge of safety systems. TUV qualifications desirable but not essential.
- Engineering / Computer related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience.
- Must have significant experience of working in the Nuclear Industry and be able to obtain SC clearance.
- Must be a British National holding a British Passport and any dual nationality must be disclosed.
- Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team.
- Willingness to travel and work away when required.
- Full driving licence.