Sales & Marketing Manager - Power Generation
- Permanent Position ( Global MNC )
- Anywhere in Australia (Melbourne / Sydney / Brisbane preferred)
- Not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require work visa sponsorship tied to a specific employer
Overall business development and the direct sale of new turbomachinery systems, construction services and associated aftermarket services for Australia, New Zealand, and PNG.
This role has both direct technical and commercial sales responsibility from inquiry to order and involves a high degree of autonomy and extensive travel.
- Develop a sales plan and forecast for assigned territory to support company-wide goals and strategies
- Manage client relations, develops new contacts and markets
- Manage customer interface and on-going relations with clients to assure all technical services are delivered as expected, to assure the next sale, and to assure company delivers to customer expectations
- Research the Power Generation markets to understand the optimum applications for company products
- Gain knowledge of the client's business to understand the challenges and identify which company products are the optimal applications
- Responsible to keep up to date on competitor technical and commercial developments, tactics, provide market feedback, etc
- Ensure all activities to fulfil contracts are in compliance with all company policies
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 3+ years of knowledge in Power Generation, knowledge of economics and interest in understanding industrial production processes of PG customers.
- Good writing and oral communication skills required for presentation and preparation of accurate oral and well written documentation.
- Customer facing experience and business acumen. Direct sales experience preferred.
- Excellent negotiation experience with ability to represent the company positively
- Ability to connect cross culturally and functionally, to lead others in customer relations
- Strong leadership skills to secure resources necessary to prepare proposals, deliver on commitments and to influence the customer to select our products
- Travel requirement 50 - 75%