A leading consultancy that provides turnkey solutions and solar systems to the renewable energy industry is currently looking for Solar Sales Director to join their team based in Johannesburg.
The main function of the job will be responsible for the overall growth strategy, sales and profitability of your assigned region (cross-provincial teams). Provide support to the sales force, making sure what is being sold is designed and built properly.
If you are the ideal person for this position you will have strong solar sales experience under your belt as well a strong technical understanding of PV systems (including energy storage, hybrid and UPS technologies and the integration thereof).
You will need to be able to guide, lead and advise your sales teams to ensure that the sales pipeline is not only achieved but hitting their regional targets. This position will take a skill that is able to directly answer client's technical queries on the spot, so you need to know the ins and outs of how a PV systems and Solar PV rooftop projects work, considering you will not only be the point of contact for big projects but also mentoring your sales team on how to close a deal.
Its high level, running the business, setting strategy, and overseeing operations.
The successful candidate will meet the following key selection criteria:
- 5+ years' working experience at a senior level sales position for B2B services.
- 5+ years' in a leadership position managing and training a team of sales professionals.
- A target in the millions should be no sweat for you.
- Hiring, training, coaching and mentoring salespeople.
- High-level management skills for cross-provincial teams.
- Proven ability to drive sales pipelines and exceed company-wide targets.
- Proven track record developing and executing on strategic sales campaigns.
- Experience in the management of assets, budgets, expenses, and profitability.
- Good basic electrical and technical understanding.
What's on Offer:
- Market related
If this resonates with you, please apply.