Our client, a leading international IPP (Wind, Solar, Storage) is currently on the hunt for a Senior Asset Manager to join their team in Cape Town.
The main objective of the Senior Asset Manager is to manage and supervise New & Operating IPP projects in the respective countries to drive operational performance, ensure profitability and compliance with key projects contract, align and enhance the Business plans.
- Management of solar, wind and storage power generating assets in the South Africa through pre-construction, construction and operation phases, to optimize the value of the assets for the business;
- Be an active contributor in assessment of potential M&A which may arise in the South Africa (participate to the due diligence process technical and financial).
- Ensure that the assets are financed, constructed, operated, kept safe and secure at all the times and administered;
- Achieve the objectives, execute the strategy, address the priorities, and comply with the budget agreed, to transpose those objectives and priorities into detailed operational and/or action plans for each of the assets;
- Act as representative of the Owner in front of EPC Contractor, O&M Contractor, Lenders, Government Authorities, Offtakers, Suppliers, land owners (if applicable), partners and other key stakeholders;
- Manage the corporate social responsibility program, issue the necessary reports and act in compliance with the operational and E&S obligations as deriving from the Financing agreements,
- Be focal point and organize the regular reviews required by DFI to confirm the compliance of operating plants (in relation with technical operational performance, financial performance, insurance compliance).
- Manage the contractual relationships with regulators, suppliers , subcontractors , Third parties stakeholders (both internal and external) and negotiate and resolve any claims stemming from such contractual relationships;
- Attend Local meetings with Offtakers, Utility and regulators.
- Conduct regular asset reviews to track the technical and financial performance of the assets and prepare rectification plans or recommendations for each of the assets to improve performance or address performance deficiencies and to oversee their implementation;
- Assume responsibility for the optimization of the client's assets in South Africa, technical but also financial in so included taxes, insurance, corporate structuration, etc.
- Build, foster and maintain relationships with local, national and regional authorities as well as other stakeholders, important to the successful finance, construction and operation of the assets in the South Africa;
- Build, foster and maintain positive and constructive relationships with the various internal Business lines in the execution of their activities with respect to the various assets, as well as with the various corporate support functions operating from France and Portugal, most notably, the DEV, EPC and O&M BLs and the ASIF (Commercial) and Finance corporate functions;
- Implement appropriate oversight to achieve the HSE objectives set for the South Africa and for each of the assets, ensure that appropriate HSE training is put in place for relevant employees, and ensure a continual constructive communication with employees to promote a culture of safety across all of the assets in the South Africa;
- Ensure that the assets are constructed and operated in accordance with the company's quality procedures, that assets are kept secure, that operational procedures are adhered to, and to immediately report and rectify any such deficiencies;
- Manage the respective asset teams to ensure we have the necessary people, processes and systems in place, that all employees are aware of and aligned with the objectives and priorities for each of the assets, that there is a clarity of purpose and opportunities for professional development for those employees, and that those employees are well integrated into the client's activities and aware of and aligned with the values and mission;
- Foster a lean, efficient and performant working environment within the various asset teams, where employees feel valued and are encouraged to contribute to solutions, and where a respectful, safe and collaborative work environment is promoted at all times;
- Finance degree or equivalent.
- Master's degree in an engineering field and/or business (preferred).
- Proven track record in the asset management, construction and/or operation of energy projects, or proven experience in Finance Controlling - please ensure your CV includes your track record, including sizes (MW) of projects.
- Previous experience in the South Africa will be valued.
- Confirmed experience (+ 5 years) in solar power plants.
- Confirmed experience (+ 5 years) in project management, PMP qualification is a plus.
- Fluent in English, and local language knowledge.