We have a current opportunity for a Senior Commercial Manager REIPPPP on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Cape Town.
Key Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Project management of the client's projects in commercialisation to aid in implementation:
- Manage one or more utility scale renewable energy projects from last stage development to financial close as leading a team of legal, financial, engineering and environmental experts.
- Provide regular progress reports/updates and ensure team members are aware of key changes, particularly within their roles and responsibilities involved in project delivery from offtake identification through PPA negotiations, project financing to Financial Close.
- Proactively engage and manage external advisors and consultants required during the financial close process, with a strong influence on relationship building and maintenance for the long term company strategy execution.
- Interface with the Chief Commercial Officer and Project Finance team to coordinate and lead project delivery and programme strategy:
- Report on project progress, identify and manage risks, challenges and budgets.
- Contribute to strategy and business planning processes.
- Develop project briefs and presentations for Executive management.
- Develop project charters for new project opportunities.
- Feasibility analysis of upcoming opportunities, including estimating financial close budgets and planning for resource requirements.
- Project and Program level planning and resource balancing to develop and manage a program of integrated projects as linking to the client's strategy.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).
- BSc or equivalent degree in relevant discipline (Energy Sector, Engineering, Environmental or Financing).
- Minimum 4-5 years working in the renewable energy sector with experience in utility or large scale C&I projects OR experience in the management of large capital projects to financial close in the Renewable Energy sector or other industries
- Thorough understanding and use of MS Office suite (strong preference on Excel and MS projects)