We have an opening for a Senior Cost Control Engineer for one of our leading clients.
We are looking for an experienced Cost Control Engineer to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. By joining us, you will be a key player in supporting the management and execution of the physical works, and expanding one of the first large scale European battery factories.
About the job
As part of site based execution team driving capital efficiencies by deploying cost control working practices. As a Senior Cost Control Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring cost control processes, systems, tools & templates are effectively used at an implementation level as it relates to specific contracts and defined scopes of works. Additionally, there will be program monitoring and reporting obligations interfacing with business controls function, and senior management more broadly.
About the team
You will be an integral part of the Ett Program Project Controls function which is divided by a number of discrete projects, and work closely with the Program & Project Management, Engineering, Procurement and Business Control teams to achieve better commercial and capital efficiency outcomes.
Alongside the Contract Specialists and Quantity Surveyors, you will be directly responsible for the management of contractors, ensuring the cost control requirements are correctly administered within the applicable contract. Furthermore, you will be required to support internal and external reporting obligations, utilising earned value principles, as well as maintaining an overall project cost plan setting out performance against baselines.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Successfully deliver a clear historical track of the project budget. This includes tracking any budget transfers between projects within the Ett Program.
* Support procurement and purchasing activity, ensuring that any transactions are correctly loaded into our enterprise systems, mainly, procurement, finance, and project controls software.
* Ensure that the Program Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) is correctly used with respect to all orders and contracts, including change orders.
* Manage the cost a detailed budget breakdown (referencing the control budget baseline) based on improving estimate maturity, and track all changes and reasons behind them, so that we have a clear picture of our end results.
* Champion the cost control system for the organization.
* Lead the efforts of coding our estimate to assigned scope and procurement packages, as tracking/controlling our commitments, accruals, liabilities, changes, actuals, and forecast.
* Create and champion a Change Control process that can provide inputs to areas of risk and improvements, as well as serve as one of the main sources of Lessons Learned for continuous improvements.
* Leading the delivery of the monthly Cost Report, which may include, but is not limited to; Cost Plan (summary and detailed) adopting the agreed CBS (and by contract package, Project IDs) that provides for the tracking of Ordered Sums(Committed), Costs to Date, Costs to Complete, and an Estimated Cost at Completion with reference to the control budget as a baseline and previous reporting periods (i.e. variance), and supplemented by up-to-date change, risk & opportunity registers and a procurement schedule. A Cash Flow forecast, and accumulated actual costs shall also be included.
* Supporting the change management process by reviewing change cost impact against the control budget
* Administering any funding transfers and/or contingency drawdowns
Personal success factors:
The person we are looking for is driven, caring and structured. You thrive by working with others towards common goals. You are used to a high paced work environment, have excellent time management skills, and are able to work proactively and autonomously, as well as being able to work under direct instruction where there is an high degree of prescription to the task.
* BSC/Msc in Engineering/Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or equivalent
* Solid Technical experience in Construction Cost Control with proven understanding of industry practises.
* Minimum of 8 years' experience in cost control
* Excellent communication & presentation skills
* Analytical skills
* Proficient in MS suite, BIM 360, Power Bi, Omega 365 and Power Query or equivalent.
* Passion and enthusiasm for project Execution, Construction and Commercials.
Bonus points for:
* You are a team player, that loves to be in an international environment where good relationships and stakeholder management is key to achieve results.
* You are highly organized and result-driven
* You act proactively and have a can-do attitude that goes beyond expectations.
* Experience developing/using digital tools and enterprise software, not already mentioned above, in a cost control context
Please apply now!