Senior Electrical Engineer (offshore wind farm)
You will be responsible in preparing/reviewing project documentation and key deliverables such as, but not limited to, RAMS, work instructions, checklists, equipment lists and manning plans whilst gaining approvals prior to execution.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will provide support and assistance towards the entire offshore wind farm electrical system. The electrical system includes the Offshore Substation (OSS) this area is considered a primary area of focus for this role. You will provide support and assistance to the project team package managers upon request for general preparation and clarification activities, additional to execution readiness in terms of integrated electrical equipment and systems.
You will be responsible for the issuance of technical contractual documentation and other documentations needed to execute the operations such as specifications, coordination of studies, using sound engineering principles, and adhering to industry standards, practices, procedures, and program requirements, all in accordance with the internal Quality and HS&E processes.
The assigned engineer must demonstrate excellent communication skills and process his/her tasks with a planning mindset, additional to good knowledge of wind farm electrical systems. He/she will also be prepared to cover extended scope to support other wind farm electrical activities when required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop/review work instructions related to electrical completion work such as cable connections, associated tests, commissioning and energization procedures, main transformer pre-start checks, cable pulling and tie-in and cable looping.
* Prepare the Electrical System Design Package and support the wind project team package managers during the execution of the offshore wind farm.
* Advise internal stakeholders on all electrical affairs-related topics and project requirements, including coordination across workstreams (e.g., technical, commercial) and "early and often" communication with project senior management regarding projects' electrical affairs risks and progress against overall timelines, this in alignment with the electrical system package manager.
* Support the electrical system package manager in managing external consultancies engaged in support of the projects' electrical affairs-related activities. This includes local law and regulations ensuring compliance.
* Act as the Offshore Substation (OSS) electrical technical expert responsible for the implementation of the project OSS Supply Agreement (OSSA); supporting decision making on all activities from electrical design, design changes, manufacturing through assembly and offshore installation works until final hand over to operations team.
* To ensure the OSS supplier delivers an OSS package that suits the project technical requirements, compliant with the OSS Supply Agreement (OSSA).
* Manage technical aspects of OSSA, and technical interfaces with the supplier, with a focus on Electrical and SCADA interfaces.
* Identify, manage, and solve interfaces between the OSS and other work packages.
* Represent the Project in front of the OSS supplier in any technical forum aligned with the package manager electrical systems.
* Ensure the qualification and acceptance of design modifications.
* To adhere to project program requirements.
* Recommend technical solutions or changes to the project management.
* Advise Quality Manager and Package Managers on the impact of technical risks and propose solutions.
* Participate in the elaboration of site HS&E and quality procedures in accordance with local regulations (electrical hazards, lifting operations, transport, work permits, etc.), and support the safety & environmental initiatives.
* Contribute to establishment of quality assurance system with procedures and requirements for OSS acceptance (e.g., electrical checklists), and assist in the revision of quality documentation during the manufacturing and installation.
* Participate to internal and external weekly progress meetings.
* Be the presenter to business leaders of strategies and execution plans to achieve operational objectives.
* Liaise with external professionals who provide technical expertise and project support in evaluation of operational and performance issues.
* Advise of any major issues, especially those affecting commercial or schedule aspects of the contract for the Project director to review and accept.
* Identify and report risks into the risk register, identify and lead mitigation plans.
* Undertake other tasks as may be requested by the PMO.
* Educated to Degree level in electrical engineering, other engineering degrees, or similar.
* 2 years of offshore experience (if not wind, offshore Oil & Gas and marine environment experience can be considered).
* Knowledge of DNV, Offshore installation standards.
* IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT based project management software.
* Technical and practical knowledge of substation technology (electrical knowledge is required).
* Experience of wind farm construction.
* Good knowledge of industry standards (electrical) and related offshore regulations.
* Knowledge of Korean Grid Code regulations.
* Experience of the operational performance of wind turbines.
* Good knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation associated with construction projects.
* Experience of working in a team and delivering against targets and reporting.
* Pro-active and diligent approach.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Safety trained for managing site construction works e.g., NEBOSH Training and experience (preferable).
Reg No: R1111482
Techstream Global Pte Ltd
EA Licence No. 16S8096
Senior Electrical Engineer (offshore wind farm)