Earthstream are proud to be recruiting a Senior Electrical/Hardware Engineer for a true leader in advanced systems integration with a focus on operational technology & digital transformation for some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments.
Job Role: Senior Electrical/Hardware Engineer
Salary: Negotiable on skills and experience
As a Senior Electrical/Hardware Engineer your remit will include:
We are looking for enthusiastic & experienced engineers to join our existing Energy team to perform all aspects of E,C & I design and implementation. The roles are designing electrical and control systems primarily focused on cabling, MCCs, Drives & Controls, Switchgear, PLC's and related EC & I equipment within the thermal and hydro power generation sector and/or Electrical and Control Systems for the Transmission and Distribution Sector . The roles will require the ability to undertake site surveys, develop electrical engineering solutions for cabling, undertake Control panel designs, prepare, review and check necessary calculations and designs when working with others whilst following the companies procedures. The work will involve travel with the possibility of some short periods away at customer sites carrying out the surveys and designing solutions collaboratively with the customer. Identified sites are in north Wales, Yorkshire and Scotland.
What you will bring to the company:
- Competence in designing electrical control panels containing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), I/O Comms cards, UPS's and/or Transmission and Distribution Substation Control and protection equipment. etc
- Competence in design of electrical cabling (power and C & I) and containment systems, including surveying and identifying routes, cable calculations for sizing and earthing/protection and assist with procurement by production of tender enquiries, tender return assessments and development of relationships through to order, including an understanding of commercial wrap and administration of subcontracts
- Ability to interpret Customers specifications and develop solutions to fulfil those requirements and prepare suitable documentation and drawings to convey design intent.
- Lead/supervise site works following Health and Safety guidelines etc.
- Educated to at least degree level in relevant subject or HND with additional experience of at least 5 years post graduate experience or 6 years post HND experience on successful project implementation in the above areas of expertise
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical
- Ability to lead, mentor and develop engineers and technicians
- Good understanding of BS7671 IEE 18th Edition Wiring Regs
- Understanding of IEC BS EN 60439-1,Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies
- Confidence to work within a multidisciplinary design team
- Awareness of /understanding of DSEAR Regulations and Hazardous area applications.
- Ability to work to deadlines and budgets.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English as client contact is required as is integration with and mentoring of other team members
- Ability to undertake minor electrical works on sites
- Experience of thermal or hydro power station E C & I systems or National Grid Substations or other utility based experience would be acceptable.
- Competence in Motor Control Centres, Motor Control Gear and Instrumentation sufficient to specify MCC's or LV Switchboards by producing the appropriate document suites and assist with procurement by production of tender enquiries, tender return assessments and development of relationships through to order, including an understanding of commercial wrap and administration of subcontracts
- A good working knowledge of related safety and environmental legislation
Ability to work in a team with potential for leadership
Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
Flexible in their methods of working with a focus on delivering tasks to the required deadlines
What they promise to offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Life assurance policy
- Private health care
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice programme
- Mental health assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Support in achieving professional engineer status (IEng, CEng) and professional memberships fees covered