The Senior Performance and Reliability Engineer is responsible for ensuring the optimal performance and reliability of the client's company-owned renewable energy facilities.
This role involves monitoring and analysing the performance of the underlying energy assets and identifying and troubleshooting any issues that arise. Further to this, the Performance and Reliability Engineer is responsible for implementing improvements to increase efficiency, enhance performance, and reduce downtime, as well as managing and reporting on key reliability metrics.
To enable the adequate supervision, analytics and control of their facilities, the Performance and Reliability Engineer must coordinate and review the engineering, design and implementation of the control systems, energy management systems and other related supervisory and control implementations.
The role is vital for providing leadership and mentorship to other engineers, technicians etc. on critical performance and reliability principles. Other areas of accountability include creating and implementing a best practice framework for performance monitoring, scalability, and dependency handling, as well as developing testing infrastructure and conducting root-cause analysis.
- Bachelors in a related Engineering field (Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronic, Instrumentation and Control)
Knowledge (The following knowledge requirements were found to be relevant to this job):
- Reliability and performance engineering principles and techniques
- Renewable energy industry knowledge
- Control systems or energy management systems
- Knowledge of quality improvement methodologies
- Statistical Process Control
- Maintenance work process knowledge and experience
- SAP maintenance planning and scheduling knowledge
- Parts inventory management, and mechanical and electrical equipment design reliability principles
- Knowledge and experience working within a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Relevant legislation
- Relevant software and technologies
- Diagnostic/tactical thinker
- Critical / analytical reasoning
- Logical thinking and problem-solving
- Planning and organising
- Numerical/financial reasoning
- Verbal reasoning and communication skill
- 5+ Years relevant experience as an Engineer