ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Co-ordinate field-testing projects, including scheduling of personnel, equipment, and client communication.
- Perform PD Site Acceptance testing on MV/HV cables, transformers, generators, and motors.
- Perform PD identification and localization on MV/HV cables, transformers, circuit breakers, switchgear, switchyards, and bus systems.
- Perform electrical field-testing of HV assets at customer locations including, but not limited to, utility companies, generation plants, and industrial sites.
- Perform EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) testing on motors, generators, isophase buses.
- Perform routine and special electrical testing of power transformers, voltage regulators, generators, and circuit breakers from different manufacturers (ABB, Siemens, Waukesha, SMIT, and others).
- Perform electrical data analysis for Condition Assessment projects and write technical reports.
- Perform QA review of reports generated by Field Engineers
- Provide training on theory and testing to other Field Engineers as needed.
- Participate (write technical papers and make oral presentations) at conferences, seminars, and other related events in support of department objectives
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Electrical/Electronics/Power Engineering
- Post-graduate studies (Master's in Electrical Engineering) desired
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in substation, power plants, nuclear facilities, or industrial power systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience operating and trouble-shooting test equipment used for electrical apparatus tests.
- Minimum of 3 years field testing experience with transformers (including bushings, arrestors and CTs), generators, motors, and circuit breakers, particularly performing the following: Power Factor and Capacitance, SFRA, and EMI.
- Minimum 3 years of experience evaluating electrical test data from power apparatus for detailed apparatus condition assessment.
- Minimum 3 years of experience producing customer reports covering testing methodology, data analysis.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE (Not Required):
- Experience with testing or maintenance of high voltage assets in power plants or heavy industry
- Experience with onshore and offshore petrochemical high voltage electrical systems
- PD testing and analysis of HV apparatus
- Acoustic Emission testing