We have a current opportunity for a Senior Manager - Geology on a permanent basis. Located in the Nairoto area of Cabo Delgado Province, Mozambique. The mine is engaged in development of a number of Greenfield gold exploration licences. The role will report into the General Manager.
- Development and implementation of Exploration scheme / bulk sampling, budgeting
- To develop and implement business practices and policies in exploration which are aligned with the organization's regional and corporate strategies.
- Geological interpretation with target generation, proposal, and execution of drilling / bulk sampling
- Manage site exploration teams and oversee professional development
- Recruit, supervise, manage, and train the exploration team
- Preparation of reports and presentations for the management and investors
- Evaluation of project economics from time to time
- Schedule and facilitate accurate communication of exploration plan to the team
- Database management
- Supervise the third-party services related to geology and exploration
- Perform other related duties as may be required from time to time
Minimum Qualification and experiences
- Post graduate degree in Geology
- Previous expatriate experience is must, preferably in Africa
- Minimum 15-year experience with at least 7 years in gold exploration, preferably in a senior role, preferably in a senior role
- Hands on experience in various exploration management and activities i.e. Geological Mapping, pitting, trenching, drilling, bulk sampling etc.
- Exposure to GIS and modelling software i.e. ArcGIS, MapInfo, Surpac, etc.
- Association in preparation of Resource statements and reports
- Ability to work with a relatively small team and keep it motivated to get the required job done
- Willing to live and work in remote locations
- Flexibility and a willingness to engage in, and lead company cultural values
- Good management and leadership skills
Renumeration and other benefits
- Competitive market related salary, Tax rate in Mozambique as applicable
- 84 calendar days leave per annum (This will be a rotation of 10 weeks on/ 3 weeks off leave cycle. )
- Single status lodging and boarding provided by company
- 4 return economy airfares per annum to your home country
- Group Accident Insurance policy
- Life and travel Insurance
- Private medical insurance for the employee
- Discretionary Bonus based on performance of the employee and the company
For further information about this position please apply.