Senior Power Systems Engineer
On behalf of our client based in Bangkok, Earthstream are recruiting for a Senior Power Systems Engineer where you will be responsible for energy system consulting projects in South East Asia (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam). You’ll be working with technical teams in hydropower, renewables, thermal power and LNG sectors to effectively deliver project on time and on budget.
What you will do?
• Oversee executing power system operations and planning studies (electricity generation, transmission and distribution etc)
• System modeling, modeling of its components and controls
• Steady-state and dynamic simulations
• System security studies
• You participate as expert/project engineer in the power system studies and projects. You could be appointed Project Manager for some projects.
• Be first port of call for clients in SEA
• Support business development and commercial activities.
• Work closely in collaboration with the Power System Consulting team which has experts located around the world.
What we require?
• have at least 5 years of experience as electrical engineer specialized in power system studies.
• Experience of PSS/E and/or Digsilent software.
• experience in operations and planning of electrical network.
• experience in system stability and dynamic studies and good knowledge of power system studies methodologies in general.
• Willing to travel for projects abroad
• Fluency in English is essential and another language desirable