We have a current opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer Monopiles on a contract basis. The position will be Remote.
Main Purpose of Job
The object of this document sets the requirements for the provision of Services to support delivery of The Offshore Wind Farms / Project Services
The Consultants / Contractors are required to review and confirm how they intend to fulfil these requirements within their proposal.
The awarded Consultant / Contractor shall be sufficiently skilled and competent to deliver the services defined below.
· Act as the principle project engineer for one of three high value fabrication contracts
· Report to Fabrication Project Manager in delivery of the applicable foundation supply contract
· Responsible for managing and coordinating day-to-day aspects of the applicable fabrication contract
· Shall be responsible for maintaining trackers, registers, estimates, and related effective management of the contract
· Support the Project Manager in the technical coordination and management of supply contract, ensuring project internal requirements are implemented in the Contractor's deliverables and are aligned with the Foundation Supply Employer's Requirements
· Liaise with Contractors, project packages and other supporting departments, when needed
· Analysis of contractual documentation received from Contractors, including the assessment of NCRs, TQs, early warnings, scope variations, method statements and procedures, cost variations, risk, programme, technical and commercial deviations and any other fabrication related activity
· Coordination and reply of technical queries from fabrication and installation packages, and/or its Contractors, during the fabrication phase
· Provide expert advice on programme strategies, engineering and risk levels to ensure that the method statements proposed by the contractors are feasible, viable and aligned with the overall project requirements
· Management of interfaces with interface package contractors (IAC, WTG, T&I)
· Regular Contractors facilities visits to confirm works
· Produce reports / papers on specific technical issues to provide evidence of due diligence and auditable trail of design decisions made.
· Assessment and evaluation of drawings sets to identify manufacturing bottlenecks.
· Ensure that health and safety and environmental requirements are fully considered and adhered to during the fabrication phase, to ensure compliance with FOU supply contract, legislation and industry best practice.
· Ensure that appropriate lessons learnt regarding fabrication relative to FOU supply are captured and shared across the different contractors of the foundations supply package.
· Embedded within the Foundations Package of the OWF project the Consultant/ Contractor shall report to the Foundations Fabrication Manager and ultimately, to the Foundations Package Manager
· Master's degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) and have at least five (5) years of relevant experience as a professional engineer in offshore wind, oil & gas, fabrication, or other related offshore or manufacturing industries
· The Consultant / Contractor shall have experience in several of the following areas:
- Good knowledge of contracts and procurement processes.
- Sound knowledge of foundation design and fabrication processes of steel structures
- Ability to coordinate and implement functional requirements coming from foundation design, transport & installation, inter array cable contractor and WTG package into the FOU supply tender.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing highly skilled teams involved in the multidisciplinary project work packages.
- Ability to influence without authority
- Candidate can demonstrate the ability to work effectively remotely
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Comprehensive knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation associated with offshore/marine construction projects
Flexible to regularly travel around the UK and overseas (1-2x per month)