We have a current opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer (Pr Eng, Wind) on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Cape Town -
Roles and Responsibilities
- Project engineering from the Owner's side for large-scale renewable projects (utility-scale).
- Timeline planning for design deliverables from concept stage to detailed design completion.
- Managing and interfacing with a team of advisors and consultants.
- Able to coordinate contractors in lieu of consultants and advisors from time to time
- Ensuring project deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Delivering technical due diligence, design reviews, bid evaluations, engineering reports, risk assessments and construction programme reviews .
- Able to partake in contract and supply packages negotiations
- Provide on-site support during construction from time to time, including commissioning assistance
- Proven experience on large-scale engineering, procurement and construction projects
- Working knowledge of conditions of contracts.
- Proficiency in PC skills, including AutoCAD and all MS office and Project software.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills.
- Strong engineering, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Have a willingness to learn and be challenged in the renewable energy sector.
- Have demonstratable experience in an engineering role as an Electrical/Mechanical/Civils engineer.
- Experience in implementing opportunities and initiatives in a time restricted schedule.
- Organise and plan technical meetings with project stakeholders
- Experience with Power Purchase Agreements or other agreements rated to renewable energy procurement (construction, operations and maintenance) will be advantageous
- Project Engineering / Site management / Owners Engineering/ EPC and EPCm project experience on renewable based projects will be advantageous.
Qualifications and years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree (B.Eng or B.Sc) in Electrical/Mechanical or Civils Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience
- Professionally registered (Pr.Eng) status with the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) will be advantageous