Job Title: Senior Project Manager - On-shore Wind Farm
Location: South Korea
The position's focus will be overseeing all engineering, procurement, construction, operations, and maintenance tasks for both ongoing and future projects in South Korea, in collaboration with the regional technical team. The ideal person will have had previous experience as an on-shore project manager, and fluent in both Korean and English.
- Supervise the ongoing construction of several onshore wind farms in the country
- Manage the development, procurement, construction, and operation & maintenance of renewable energy projects
- Generate reports and memos that summarize findings and aid management decisions
- Oversee and provide support for the delivery of EPC and O&M services according to contractual requirements
- Monitor and supervise development activities such as land acquisition, permitting, etc., carried out by local partners for current onshore wind projects and possibly new solar PV projects
- Take the lead in originating and analyzing development or investment opportunities in renewable energy projects
- Engage with stakeholders, planning authorities, project owners, landowners, and the local community
- Lead or support the PV and wind EPC procurement processes including both EPC and O&M contract negotiations
- Take charge of the RfP process for selecting technical advisors and other technical consultants (grid, geotech, topography, flood, etc.)
- Effectively coordinate and report with management and technical teams overseas.
- Provide support for the estimation and benchmarking database for major development pricing works.
- Manage the interface between engineering and procurement activities.
- Ensure successful delivery of developments as planned, meeting CAPEX, schedule, health, safety, and environmental objectives.
- Monitor project management processes and procedures such as project management plans, cost control, schedule, risk registers, site policies and procedures, project programs and schedules, documentation control.
- Ensure that delivery of development activities complies with all commercial, legal, health, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Prepare and present project progress and financial status reports to senior management.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in energy project development and construction management
- Holds an engineering degree from a reputable international university
- Possesses a methodical and detail-oriented approach, able to design and implement methodologies and processes
- A team player who also has the confidence to work independently on various tasks and projects
- Capable of working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Willing to travel to project sites when required and potentially relocate during critical construction phases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Korean.