Earthstream are proud to be recruiting a Senior Protection Systems Engineer for a true leader in advanced systems integration with a focus on operational technology & digital transformation for some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments
Job Role: Senior Protection Systems Engineer
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 pa
As a Senior Protection Systems Engineer your remit will include:
- Producing and/or Reviewing in-house designs and those produced by external contractors.
- Experience in the concepts required in the safe design and operation of electrical networks, and development construction.
- Advising on design and design change issues.
- Specialist in an Electrical field but experience and extensive knowledge of other Engineering fields would be advantageous.
- Ensure that design projects are undertaken by competent personnel and sub-contractors reviewing designs created by others.
- Challenging, proposing, agreeing and implementing alternative solutions compared with those dictated by the transmission specifications, policies, processes and "best practices".
- Accountable for the effective delivery of the assigned tasks and deliverables of projects to time, to the required quality and to budget.
- Undertake site visits / non-intrusive surveys as required as part of the design activities or as part of site support.
- Ensuring risks are proactively identified, assessed and managed to avoid adverse impacts on the project.
- Identification, assessment and adoption of the best technical solution.
- Client Interface management comprising infrastructure planners, project resource, direct labour / construction team, system operator, property & consents, procurement as well as co-ordinating & attending necessary site meetings.
- Risk and CDM management.
What you will bring to the company:
- Proven technical capability associated with the design and/or application of power system protection. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in protection application at transmission voltage levels up to 400 kV, gained within a transmission utility, consultancy or manufacturing environment. Strong candidates with a distribution background will be considered.
- Preparation of Protection and Control design deliverables, feasibility studies, reports, programmes and cost estimating.
- Experience in preparing Single Line Diagram (SLD), Key Line Drawings (KLD) and Substation Layout.
- Experience in busbar, feeder, cable, transformer and reactor protection and control; including interface with CT, VT, circuit breaker, disconnector and earthing systems.
- Experience in the preparation of detailed electrical schematic diagrams for substation Protection and Control systems.
- Calculation of relay settings and preparation of relay configuration files.
- Proven ability of working with internal and external parties, e.g. equipment suppliers, manufacturers, service providers, professional bodies, and working within a strong team-working culture.
- Good Knowledge of IEC61850 communication protocols.
- TP141 or working toward TP141 Certification
- Good knowledge of the relevant National Grid TS
What they promise to offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Life assurance policy
- Private health care
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice programme
- Mental health assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Support in achieving professional engineer status (IEng, CEng) and professional memberships fees covered