Our client, a leading international metals trader is looking to hire a Senior Research Analyst for their offices in Sandton.
* An University degree in Engineering, Accounting, Economics or Natural Sciences
* 6 years' experience in commodities research, particularly in base and precious metals
* Strong understanding on physical and derivatives markets
* Understanding of the metallurgical processes and associated economies.
* Experience with Python, particularly pandas and matplotlib
* Maintain and develop balance sheets for various base metals, for a number of key markets, including the USA and Asia
* Maintain and develop consumptions models for downstream markets in view of macro and micro economic data
* Analysis of trade flows in the context of producer setbacks
* Present balance sheets along with underlying assumptions and conclusions based on regular research
* Train and manage junior team members
* Liaise closely with research teams in Africa, the Middle East and Asia