Earthstream Global is representing a global consulting firm with project experience expanding over 45 countries, with offices across several African countries, Jersey and the UK. The projects worked with go across Mining, Oil and gas, Renewables and Infrastructure sectors. Their main focus is providing sustainable environmental and social solutions.
They are currently looking for a Principal Resettlement and Social Specialist to be based out of any of their offices (London, Johannesburg, Tanzania, Mali, Botswana or Jersey) Note that you must be in the country and eligible to work in country.
The main job objectives of the role are;
- Managing the administrative and technical aspects of social impact assessment and resettlement projects (either as stand-alone projects or as part of an ESIA).
- Winning projects through proposal compilation and building of positive relationships with new and existing clients.
- Compilation of Social Impact Assessment reports and Resettlement Action Plans.
- Managing socio-economic and asset surveys, including analysis and interpretation of survey data.
- Engaging with stakeholders at community and government levels.
- Liaising with clients and project partners.
- Effectively managing interfaces between disciplines - e.g. coordination between social/ resettlement practitioners and database management, GIS, stakeholder engagement, land surveying, economic modelling, community health impact assessment, etc.
Requirements of the role are;
- Education; Post graduate degree in Anthropology, Sociology, Research Psychology or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience running a RAP independently (Development and Implementation)
- 3-5 years relevant experience in finance and project administration
- Must have demonstrable experience in compiling professional reports that meet applicable technical requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team.
- Must be willing to travel internationally.
- Specialist knowledge within the field of social impact assessment and resettlement.
- Experience in special-purpose studies (e.g. Social and Labour Plans, Community Development Plans, influx management, artisanal mining, etc.) would be beneficial.
- Experience in electronic (tablet-based) social surveys and/or statistical data analysis would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of French or Swahili would be beneficial (but not essential).
- Must have a valid driver's licence.
If the above matches your profile and career aspirations do apply today. Should you not be contacted a week after applying, do consider your application unsuccsesful.