Earthstream are proud to be recruiting a Senior Software Developer Industrial IoT for a true leader in advanced systems integration with a focus on operational technology & digital transformation for some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments
Job Role: Senior Software Developer Industrial IoT
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 pa
As a Senior Software Developer Industrial IoT your remit will include:
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be working with a dynamic, creative, and highly technical group of developers. Delivering core software solutions for our customer in the Nuclear sector to enhance the business capabilities and drive additional value add from their critical business assets. Working with some of the leading technologies to solve these customer challenges; including but not limited to Industrial IoT solutions such as PTC ThingWorx, AVEVA technology stack, MQTT for seamless communications between devices and Grafana for visualization, as just a few examples.
The right candidate will be technically astute, capable of analyzing problems and developing fit for purpose solutions and be an excellent communicator both to internal and external stakeholders.
It is preferred that the right candidate has experience of working in the Nuclear sector but this is not an essential requirement.
What you will bring to the company:
- Degree in Computing or Science related subject which have a significant element of computer programming
- Proven and demonstrable experience of developing systems using PTC ThingWorx
- Proven experience integrating with RESTful Web Services
- Experience in working as part of software development team and being able to clearly articulate themselves to colleagues, or other members of the delivery team, including senior management
- Experience in developing UI
- Proven experience interfacing, at the software layer with various systems including database integration
- Creating design solutions, user guides and other support artefacts as part of a complete project programme
- Solid understanding of software development delivery methodologies; Agile, V-Model and/or waterfall.
- A minimum of 3+ years as a software developer
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and deployment processes
- Keen interest in Industrial IoT technologies
- To have acted successfully as Senior Engineer on a range of projects that were delivered on time and to budget
- Demonstrable experience of mentoring engineering teams
- The ability to gain SC clearance
What they promise to offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Life assurance policy
- Private health care
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice programme
- Mental health assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Support in achieving professional engineer status (IEng, CEng) and professional memberships fees covered