Senior Solar Development Manager
Earthstream are proud to partner with a global renewable energy investment platform that sources, invests in and plans to actively manage a wide range of utility scale energy assets focussed on solar PV, onshore wind and storage solutions.
They are looking to build the team by hiring highly ambitious people who care about making a difference as the world moves toward a sustainable energy transition. The team is being structured to support our rapid growth ambitions and long-term ownership of energy assets.
About the role:
The role is focussed within the broader team which is responsible for originating and evaluating new investment opportunities and building out greenfield development projects to meet its target of 2GW of late stage assets.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Solar Development Manager to support the growth in Solar PV. As a member of the Project Development Team, you will be responsible for the delivery of renewable energy projects, from inception to Financial Close.
The range of activities undertaken by the Development Team extends from assessment of the appropriateness of the site for renewable energy generation, through to gaining planning consent and discharging conditions ready for the site to be constructed and then assisting with taking that project through to Financial Close.
What you will do?
- Play a strategic in role in evaluating new regional opportunities or business opportunities for the platform to pursue, by taking into consideration the additional value-add provided by our shareholders.
- Responsible in developing a project or portfolio of projects, including contributing to the overall Solar PV portfolio strategy, reporting through to a Development Director
- Oversee and sign off of final legal agreements with landowner(s) with direction from our legal team, evaluate design of site, access and grid solutions,
- Oversee and sign off of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) / planning application process and full implementation of the planning consent to deliver construction and operation.
- Liaising with procurement and technical teams to meet the technical development requirements required for solar projects
- Develop relationships with regulators, incentive agencies, utilities and corporate offtakers with the aim to determined optimal route to market strategies for each of the projects. Negotiate route to market contracts with oversight from the Commercial Team.
- Play a strategic in role in evaluating new regional opportunities or business opportunities for the platform to pursue, by taking into consideration the additional value add provided by our shareholders.
- Manage the entire process required to ensure compliance for any auction process including developing bidding strategy and managing information and materials that need to be submitted under tight deadlines.
- Assist with acquisition due diligence as required and work alongside the project finance team to complete the lender due diligence process and meet all conditions precedent to achieve Financial Close.
What we require?
- 7 to 10 years Solar PV experience where the individual has built their career in the RE sector and specifically in Solar PV project development, and currently works for a Development platform/IPP/direct competitor
- Must have a finance/MBA/engineering background, who has been involved in site evaluation, full development cycle, including being exposed to grid connection and EPC selection.
- Have a broad technical knowledge over the development process and/or Technical specialism in one or more of the following areas, providing the expertise in this area within the team:
- Negotiation and securing land interests
- GIS/Technical data skills
- Grid connection
- Taking projects through to financial close.
- To the extent, the candidate has had exposure in BESS and hybrid solutions, it would be considered an added plus.
- Experience in emerging markets is essential together with a willingness to pursue such market opportunities.
- Must show ability to source deal flow across the development spectrum including greenfield opportunities.
- A strong commercial mindset, able to understand the impact of development decisions on returns and continually seek sustainable ways to improve returns during the development lifecycle.
- Must show tenacity, high level of commitment and ambition with a strong desire to travel.