EarthStream Global is representing a mining contracting company that provides material handling, screening services to the mining industry as well as mobile crushing solutions for remote project sites. They are currently looking to employ an experienced Health and Safety Manager to compile, implement, oversee and ensure compliance with legislation (MH&SA and OHSA) and the relevant HSE System/s
Performance Areas Include (but not limited to):
· Legal requirements: Advise management on legal requirements and ensure the same is incorporated into the safety system i.e. OHS Act and MH & S Act.
· Advisory: Ensure Top management is kept up to date with all the relevant changes within the applicable legislations.
· HSE Policy / System: Compile, implement, maintain, train, communicate, assist and advise management re the SHEQ policy and systems.
· Reporting: Reporting on SHE statistics and performance actions through weekly, monthly, bi-annual and annual reports.
· Site visits and audits: Assist sites with the establishment of the SHEQ systems/policies, conduct internal and external audits and ensure corrective action is taken.
· Training: Provide training to management, SHE representatives, employers and monitor all SHE training throughout the group.
· Accident investigations: Investigate all lost time accidents, monitor corrective action and ensure legal reporting thereof.
· Risk: Identification and Management.
The successful candidate will meet the following key selection criteria:
· Minimum of 8 - 10 years relevant experience with 3 - 5 years in a similar management position within a contracting environment (Construction, Mining, Engineering, and Related Industries).
· Incident and Accident Investigation
· Legal liability training