Here at Earthstream we have a fantatsic opportunity for a Site Planner on behalf of one of our industry leading clients. Our client works with some of the world's major energy, maritime and industrial organizations, helping to enable a transition to energy efficiency and decarbonization, including through their specialist motors, drives and control technologies.
Site Planner Job Description
In this role you will:
- Develop and maintain complex project schedules in Primavera P6 where dictated by the nature of the project or a customer requirement.
- Support Project Managers and sales teams using MS Project, by developing and maintaining templates, setting up the initial issue of the plan for new projects, and providing guidance, expertise and encouragement when required.
- Promote scheduling as a key ingredient of successful and well managed projects - actively leading and developing attention to Planning.
- Drive and manage the statusing of project schedules.
- Drive greater inclusion of Customer milestones to ensure our work can proceed to schedule without interruption.
- Generate monthly contract 'on time delivery' metrics.
- Assist the Engineering function with developing their 'Project Tracker' tool for workpackage allocation, and develop links to P6 and MS Project.
- Develop and maintain local Planning procedures and standards.
- Manage other planners in the team as required.
- Where required, produce schedule derived outputs, such as Earned Value analyses.
- A proven track record in a similar planning role, creating and maintaining complex project schedules.
- Demonstrable program management experience, proficient with Microsoft Project and Primavera P6.
- Ability to baseline and impact a program, complete critical path analysis and cost load programs, with understanding of concurrent delay and experience of building EOT and acceleration claims.
- Experience and judgement needed to dynamically strike the optimum balance between detail and practical usefulness of schedules.
- Genuine enthusiasm for Scheduling and an engaging ability to promote planning.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage and resolve conflicting demands and priorities.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable)
- Experience of SAP (desirable)
- Experience of training and coaching (desirable)
- Understanding of basic contractual terms and conditions (desirable)
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then please apply now!