Earthstream Global is recruiting for an international renewable energy firm; a dedicated rooftop solar company for SMEs across Asia and Africa.
We are looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic Solar Engineer to help lead the revolution of solar for SMEs. This candidate will support all technical aspects of solar project delivery, including managing EPCs and project execution, undertaking technical support during sales, yield assessments, and the occasional storage and solar PV design. The role can be based in either Johannesburg South Africa or Cape Town South Africa (only individuals already eligible to work in South Africa will be considered).
- B.Eng or M.Eng in Electrical Engineering or similar, with minimum 3-5 years experience in the rooftop C&I solar space in South Africa
- The role requires versatility, as services performed are expected to include, but not be limited, to the following:
- EYAs using Helioscope
- ACAD, MSOffice, Google Docs/Sheets proficiency
- Liaising with EPCs on their design and tracking EPCs project execution status
- Reviewing and marking up EPC designs, and possibly carrying out PV and BESS
designs from scratch
- Technical support with proposals, including interaction with the companies' financial model
- Client energy load assessments, interpretation of energy meter data
- Occasional installation of portable energy meter/loggers, if required
- Liaising with channel partners and clients
- Obtaining multiple quotations for the procurement of components from different suppliers
- Lead on municipal approvals process or liaise with EPC on the status of their application(s)
- Construction & commissioning monitoring, which is expected to require periodic travel to sites under construction
- Technical troubleshooting of systems during operation, if requested
- Frequent periodic meetings with team members and line manager(s)
- Familiarity with financial models, time value of money, IRRs etc.
- A dynamic personality, able to support with technical sales if needed, and liaise with clients
- Valid residency and/ or work permit for South Africa is mandatory
if the above match your profile and career aspirations then do apply today with an updated resume, all successful applicants will be contacted, should you not be contacted within 7 working days, do consider your application unsuccessful.