Solar Engineering Manager (Singapore)
Job Purpose: You will be part of the renewables team, providing direct support in technical matters related to the design and engineering of utility scale PV plants, including Energy/Battery Storage.
* Responsible for engineering and design (using industry standard software) of grid connected solar photovoltaic systems (primarily ground mounted arrays, and BESS) including the design of the most optimal layout with the most appropriate technologies.
* Produce pre-conceptual designs with accompanying production estimates and review structural, geotechnical, environmental, permitting, and zoning challenges for projects.
* Review solar system engineering designs, modelling, and performance data, and provide engineering support during the construction process.
* Manage the procurement process for large PV plants across the region including OEM equipment (e.g. panels, inverters, trackers), EPC services, OE services, etc.
* Manage external consultants to obtain assessments of project structural or geotechnical considerations, interconnect issues, and to identify the required approvals from related authorities.
* Review the costs of structural estimates, interconnection, permitting agreements, production estimates, and assessment of commercial risk factors.
* Maintain design and proposal requirements, knowledge of codes and standards, design procedures, methods and process, improve efficiency of project development and project selection process.
* Bachelor's Degree in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering.
* At least 3 years of related PV engineering experience.
* Strong knowledge of photovoltaic system design and optimizing system components for energy production.
* Full proficiency with industry standard software (i.e PVsyst, Homer, pvPlanner, SAM, AutoCAD etc).
* Working knowledge of energy modelling, PV specific modelling, standard electrical calculations, basic structural & mechanical calculation.
* Experience in providing technical support for energy-related projects with accountability for project performance and design.
* Strong knowledge of PV components and related manufacturers.
* Experience in value engineering of photovoltaic or other constructions projects.
* Experience with medium voltage and high voltage system design is highly desirable.
* Good working knowledge of standard utility process for interconnection approval and design requirements.
* Knowledge of BESS system design and optimization is highly desirable.
Reg No: R1111482
Techstream Global Pte Ltd
EA Licence No. 16S8096