Our client, a global IPP, has a current opportunity for a Solar Plant Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in the Northern Cape.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar with professional accreditation.
- Government Certificate of Competency for Factories (GCC (Factories)) is compulsory.
- Experience appointed as a GMR 2(1).
- Master further studies and/or project management qualification would be advantageous.
- More than 5 years renewable energy industry O&M experience or similar technical role particularly in Solar technology.
- Knowledge in the grid code compliance of South Africa is advantageous.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- High technical competency particularly on renewable plant electrical equipment including the power utility substations, and especially inverters would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience in design to implementation and application of LV/MV/HV equipment eg. inverter technology, electrical balance of plant, or power utility substations.
- Plant safety and technical/technology management.
- Electrical equipment/component troubleshooting and diagnosis.
- In depth knowledge of renewable energy industrial, power plant engineering, renewable energy power plant operation & maintenance, and environmental and safety requirements.
- Proficiency in coordinating and monitoring contractors' performance for O&M, safety, quality, and environmental conformance; and scheduling of activities.
- Knowledge of the energy market and the relationships with Eskom, and government institutions in connection with this sector.
- Managing people with empathy and in best professional way.
- Liaison skills with key internal & external (incl. Global) stakeholders.
- Detailed individual and organizational skills to compile and track plants documentation, events, and conduct performance analysis.
- Good personal work skills with due consideration for office protocol and expectations.
- Conversant with national and international contracts for services and materials in the energy sector.
- Ability and willingness to travel and take temporary assignments on different locations within South Africa and Sub Sahara Africa.
- Willing to relocate permanently.
- Rotational work may be required.
- Assume duties in normal work times, overtime work and standby work over stipulated weekends applies as per employer's work conditions.
- No remote working.
- Medically fit (hot weather).
- Valid Driver's License.