Our client, a leading international IPP, is currently on the hunt for a Solar PV Electrical Engineering Manager (IPP), to be based in Cape Town.
Please take note of the following min requirements before applying -
1. You need a min of 5 years' experience working for a leading IPP or developer in South Africa, focused on the management/construction of electrical projects
2. You need between 7- and 10-years' experience in the Renewable Energy industry (utility-scale, non-negotiable)
3. Electrical Engineering degree required, Masters in Engineering, will be highly beneficial
EXPERIENCE and TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Master's degree or Degree in Electrical/ Electrotechnical Engineering (preferred), graduated from recognized leading Engineering School
- 10 years minimum experience in engineering/renewables.
- Good skills in CAD tools and simulation tools (PVSys, WaSP, WindPRO).
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience in electrical projects. Photovoltaic projects (valued);
- Previous Team Management appreciated.
- Complete knowledge of regulatory framework
- Good local network with external players in the sector and good analytical skills;
- English: Fluent
- Local languages are a plus.
- Asset Owner support at each stage: Investment Proposal, Construction, Repowering, etc…
- Grid Connection support, validation, submission
- Procurement support: Qualifying supplier, technical specification assistance
- Providing competence on solar, wind and storage projects
- Provide technical support in different stages of the project (development, commercial/bid and construction phases);
- Analysis of received technical information for a specific project (including RFP/RFQ and tenders) and evaluation of its impact in the electrical design of the project;
- Solutions optimization, considering both technical and economic perspectives;
- Energy yield assessments using simulation software as PVsyst, following the rules and guidelines defined by the Solar Competence Center;
- Analysis/comparison of meteorological data, estimated gross production, estimated net production for the time frame required (maximum PPA);
- Execution of electrical diagrams (Single Line Diagrams - SLD);
- Bill of quantities preparation (on the electrical side);
- Execution of technical documents (Written Parts, Drawings, O&M Dossier);
- Perform technical descriptions, technical calculations, technical specifications, drawings for project licensing, EPC and execution;
- Perform executive designs (on the electrical side);
- Provide technical support during construction and execute the as-built documentation according to the changes made during the construction.
- Technical assessment and support on site surveys;
- Analysis of the technical information or inputs given by the Power Systems team regarding Grid Code requirements, PoCC specifications and limitation, and grid support;
- Analysis of the availability of a plot (Capacity Study) for the construction of a power plant, involving the Civil team on the process;
- Provide inputs to CAD design team for the design of power plants, regarding local constraints, specificities of the project, electrical configuration and technical conditions and monitor the progress of their work;
- Provide inputs for the execution of preliminary layouts;
- Monitoring of all relevant project's electrical drawings and final review;
- Study of alternative engineering solutions for project optimization;
- Review and verification of external service provider's design and calculations, when subcontracted by Voltalia;
- Market analysis (on electrical side);
- Contact with suppliers for technical discussion of existing and/or alternative solutions, or under technical arrangements to electrical infrastructure;