As part of the Civil, Structural, Architectural design team, in this role you will be the Structural Design Engineer supporting ongoing and new projects of our battery factories.
Responsible for preparing, reviewing or coordinating the structural engineering design, on assigned project.
* Preparation or review of structural design philosophy and implementation in design
* Coordinate/ gather the structural design requirements from multiple disciplines
* Ensure coordination between internal /external stakeholders and design consultants
* Ensure compliance with environmental requirements
* Ability to carry out conceptual design independently to communicate design intent when necessary
* Preparation of design tasks and review of foundations, steel and concrete structural design of main building as well as multidiscipline support design
* Review of process/ equipment supplier's documentation
* Participation in inter-disciplinary BIM/model reviews or 2D drawing reviews
* Participation in design meetings.
* Control of material quantities
* Ensure deliverables required to be submitted by design consultants are provided in a timely, safe, efficient and high-quality manner.
* Resolve technical queries from Contractors
* Technical support to procurement, commercial, construction and commissioning.
* Creation of the structural maintenance/ operational procedures.
* Review technical data CSA for process equipment during design, FAT and installation phase
* Work with the Maintenance and Operations Teams to achieve a successful handover of the design documentation and flawless start-up
* Review of red-line and / or as built documentation
* Creation or review of structural design procedures, basis of design, structural design specifications and associated typical drawings i.e. factory blueprint electrical design.
* Ensure full compliance with policies, regulation and governance
* Bachelors or Master's in Structural Engineering
* Professional registration preferred - Chartered Civil/ Structural Engineer, or equivalent.
* Computer literacy (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
* Fluency in English
* Valuable (but not essential) is fluency in other languages, including Swedish
* 5 to 10 years of post graduate experience in Advanced Manufacturing or similar industry.
* Experience/ ability of designing industrial buildings according to European and Swedish codes and safety standards.
* Experience of carrying out structural engineering design work
* Experience of working in a multidiscipline environment
* Experience on brownfield and greenfield projects
* Experience in all project design phases, from concept to basic and detailed design
* Experience of following design projects through to construction phase
* Experience of site based engineering roles
* Experience with, and motivated to, setting up work methods and procedures, work with process evaluation and documentation.
* Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
* Experience of working with European and Swedish standards and regulations
* Review of fabrication drawings
Specific skills (eg specific programmes, languages, certifications etc)
* Experience using drawing software, preferably AutoCAD
* Experience using structural analysis design software, such as Staad Pro or Robot
* Understanding of groundworks improvements
* Design of various types of foundations
* Design of steel and concrete structures
* Design of access platforms and ladders/ stairs
* Design of multidiscipline industrial supports
* Design of gantries and lifting rails
* Ability to interpret geotechnical investigations
Personal success factors (Consider Bold - Passionate - Excellent)
* Great communication skills as have constant interaction with team members and external parties such as contractors, vendors, authorities and auditors.
* High work ethic, multi-tasker, strong analytical ability and attention to details, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Flexible, friendly, motivated to take on new challenges, has grit and a sense of humor.
* Passionate & purpose driven - we work for a more sustainable future.
* Proactive and goes beyond expectations
* Highly organized and result driven
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Has a "can do" attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
* Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management skills
* Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently