Our client, a vertically integrated Renewable Energy company, is currently looking for a Technical Asset Manager to join their team in Cape Town.
Candidates based in Johannesburg are encouraged to apply, even though preference would be given to candidates already in Cape Town or looking to relocate.
The client is looking for a mid-level Asset Manager with experience in technical management of utility scale solar plants to join their growing asset management team.
This role will oversee the construction and operations of the new utility scale assets (3x100MW) as well as the operation and management of their existing 35MW C&I assets portfolio.
Important: Job will require travel to remote locations in South Africa.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with advanced solar and/or wind knowledge.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the construction and/or operation of utility scale solar projects.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in negotiating and/or administering EPC and/or O&M agreements for renewable energy projects.
- Demonstrated deep technical experience and capabilities, but also with commercial awareness and familiarity with legal agreements.
- Must be fully proficient in English (verbal and written communication).
- Must be fully computer literate (MS Office Suite and Google App Suite).
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about the renewable energy industry and will embody respect and responsibility in the full sense of the word, while enjoying contributing to a team of highly knowledgeable professionals
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for maximising the technical performance of all solar assets in the Group's portfolio, with a proactive approach to operational improvement.
- Review and approve (in conjunction with LTA/OE) all construction related milestones.
- Ensure works are completed by Contractor and Operator on time and in line with relevant contract obligations including quality control.
- Report to various shareholders and lenders on technical aspects of construction and operational assets.
- Assess a range of technical, health, safety and environmental issues and ensure that necessary actions are taken.
- Assistance in the negotiation of EPC & O&M contracts representing the Employer's interests.
- Periodic site visits during construction and operations of the portfolio.
- Troubleshoot performance-related and other technical issues during construction and operation and engage with Contractor/Operator and LTA/OE to propose and implement solutions.
- Manage and enforce various technical obligations of Contractors, Operators and other directly contracted sub-contractors for all SOLA managed project companies.
- Review all construction related documentation including design reports, drawings construction policies and monthly reports.
- Ensure performance related obligations (eg. PR guarantees) of various service providers are met on time and reviewed for accuracy.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual consolidation of portfolio performance (PR, availability etc) against actual and forecast.
- Coordinate and manage H&S and ECO audits of project companies during construction and operations (as required).
- Drive operational efficiency of projects and business processes.
- Represent the Employer's interest in any claims (contractual disputes, warranty, insurance etc.)