We have a current opportunity for a Technical Development Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Cape Town. For further information about this position please apply.
Do you have extensive experience in supporting projects during the start and development phase by managing the engineering, supply chain and project control resources?
Should you have the capabilities mentioned above and you can manage Technical and Commercial EPC projects this opportunity will help you excel your professional career in the renewables space.
- Liaise with Business Development Department and compile information to support the team to prepare the deliverables for the decision.
- Lead the development of technical concepts and solutions of the projects, identifies optimal solutions from a technical, commercial and execution perspective at early stage including civil, mechanical, and electrical aspects of solar PV plants, interconnection and high-voltage design, yield
- Coordinate and plan Engineering, Supply Chain and Project control internal resources and workstreams to ensure smooth and efficient documentation
- Responsible for overall technical workstreams in early phases of solar PV projects, including feasibility and front-end engineering studies, site studies, PV and HV technical preliminary design and design specifications in
- Ensure that the EPC budget is competitive and consistent with specific Technical Solutions, uncertainties, and risks of the
- Lead external and internal technical development processes and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to success- fully lead the project to construction
- Manage EPC deliverables in Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Tenders organized by the off-takers.
- Work in a core regional team consisting of a handful of project development and project finance resources to jointly ensure we reach the company's ambitious growth
Work in partnership with Supply Chain and Engineering:
- Conduct market reviews on latest available technology for solar in your region
- Develop a network of partners, consultants, suppliers and contractors
- Understand the local technical-economic of the renewable energy sector in the region
Qualifications and experience
- Technical university Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 - years professional experience, ideally from other renewable players, renewable consulting firms
- Experience with business development phase of
- Strong knowledge of technical aspects of renewable energy, power generation, interconnection, and transmission
- Experience with overall management and planning of technical workstreams of large infrastructure projects within the renewables industry
- Commercial mindset and experience with optimizing overall business from a technical design and execution perspective
- Working knowledge and understanding of main technical contract structures in the renewables industry
- Participation in constructing phase and Operating and Maintenance phase is desirable
- Expert level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including presentation software and Excel
- Language: fluent both written and spoken in English