Earthstream are proud to partner with a leading APAC fund group that is becoming a market leader in investment of renewable energy projects across the region. Due to growth of the business Earthstream have been instructed to help find a Technical Director for the development of their wind portfolio.
The purpose of the role is to lead the development of wind energy opportunities for the group which will involve:
- Site identification stage - screening and short listing of potential sites based on resource quality (including met mast installation and wind data monitoring campaign, as necessary), and grid quality & availability;
- Permitting stage - working together with in house and external experts to complete environmental impact and risk assessments, obtain development approvals, undertake community consultation programs, interact and negotiate with landowners & other relevant stakeholders;
- Connection development stage - supported by the inhouse grid connection manager, interacting with grid connection consultants who will conduct detailed studies of the project and with the electricity network;
- Final design stage - lead the finalisation of design based on feasibility work, recent advances in technology, cost and availability of all necessary components;
- Contract design & contractor selection - all (EPC structure) or subcontractor basis (where Company procures component parts of the facility and takes commissioning risk itself); and
- Operations & asset management: post commissioning, including ensuring the continued efficient operation of the facilities
- Be capable of personally evaluating and recommending technology solutions to optimise build quality and performance taking into account availability, cost, proven performance from leading market providers
- Representing the company by participating in industry conferences, forums, workshops and meetings, involving various third parties including other developers, suppliers, network service providers, regulators and Government authorities.