We have a current opportunity for a Training & Development Specialist (Surface Mining operational experience ia essential) on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Modderfontein.
The role's purpose is to lead, manage and co-ordinate technical and operational training plans, ebsuring that they are effective for training new staff members and developing the required skills in the existing employees to meet the needs of the organisation. The Training Specialist will identify, maintain and improve training programs. The incumbent will also manage the training team and ensure mandatory training conducted and compliance to all relevant legislation is maintained.
The roles expected outputs are:
- Manage stakeholders and stakeholder reporting.
- Comply with governance & compliance policies and procedures.
- Analyse & determine specific stakeholder Learning & Development requirements and manage expectations.
- Ensure clear understanding of Business Learning & Development requirements and align needs to learning solutions.
- Minimise and mitigate business risk exposure and educate the business on the learning process for various business learning offerings.
- Interpretation and application of applicable ETD legislation and regulations, especially Skills Development Act, BBBEE, as well as relevant SETA regulations.
- Initiate, support & implement any other human capital and development business needs that may arise.
- Ability to implement training needs for mining operations including technical-platforms, simulators etc.
- Demonstrate an understanding of legislation and compliance in the Mining and Minerals Sector.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the accreditation of courses through MQA and NAMB.
- Extensive travel across various sites will be required
- Knowledge of all UBS and Surface & Massive processes and operations.
- Assist with the continuous evolution of existing UBS and Surface & Massive products, systems and technology training.
- Knowledge of the Explosive Act.
Minimum requirements for consideration:
- Trade or Mine Blasting Qualification.
- Certificate of Competence as OD ETDP.
- Diploma or Degree in Mining Engineering or NQF equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years Surface and underground mining experience.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years Mining operational experience in training.
- Must be qualified as an assessor or moderator.
- Experience of leading and supervising a geographically diverse training team.
For further information about this position please apply.