- Maintain strong working knowledge of Japan transmission systems. Act as main Point of Contact
- Monitor the Integrated Resource Planning, identify future transmission development and opportunities that influence the direction of the offshore development pipeline in Japan.
- Work closely with the Development team on origination activities, evaluate potential interconnection alternatives, and the corresponding costs, benefits, and challenges for each alternative; perform technical due diligence of potential acquisitions.
- Perform grid congestion analysis, develop grid related cost and revenue assumptions for financial modeling in coordination with Commercial Analysis team, e.g. curtailment, grid charge, etc., with support from external consultants.
- Manage interconnection process, including interconnection application, posting security, and negotiation & execution of interconnection agreements.
- Scope, request, review and verify interconnection studies. Ensure interconnection facilities under interconnection agreement meet applicable grid codes and utility standards.
- Act as Interface to OCCTO, EPCOs, and other relevant stakeholders, in coordination with Engineering, Development, Construction, and other teams with respect to all interconnection topics.
- Good understanding of Japan transmission systems.e.g. transmission planning, system operation, interconnection of generation projects.
- Experiences in performing power flow simulations with power flow software: e.g. PSS/E, PowerWorld.
- Experiences in project management preferred.
- Fluency in both English and Japanese written and oral communication.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills which enable effective local outreach with local organizations and external stakeholders.
- Acting comfortably in cross-cultural teams, collaborating across country boundaries; ability to building and maintain a contact network and business relationships.