Our client, a leading IPP, is currently on the hunt for a Turbine Engineer to join their team. This will be a 21-month contract (can be extended), and you will be based in Noupoort, Northern Cape, for the duration of the contract.
The Turbine Engineer shall mainly perform an oversight, monitoring and technical inspection role during the erection of the wind turbines at each subproject.
Qualification and Skills:
The required candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in an Engineering or Construction field (BSc, BTech or equivalent as a minimum),
- Minimum 5 years work experience as Turbine Engineer/ Technician on renewable projects,
- Exposure and knowledge of multiple project execution will be an added advantage,
- Proactive, with high level of entrepreneurship, energy level and motivation,
- Team worker with sense of the common good,
- Detail orientated- able to follow up on details, monitor and report on progress,
- Good communication skills - reliable and trustworthy,
- High social and intercultural competence,
- Speaks and writes English fluently. Good knowledge of another language is an advantage,
- Above average report writing skill, with good spelling and grammar acumen,
- Analytical thinking with focus on customer and goal achievement,
- An excellent working knowledge of MS Office,
- Willingness to be site-based, in Noupoort, Northern Cape for the full duration of the project,
- In possession of a valid driver's license,
- Medically fit.