We are seeking a Warehouse Manager, to be based in Johannesburg, working for one of the largest Hydraulics companies in Africa.
This is a position suited for an experienced Warehouse Manager who possess sound time management and customer service skills and the capacity to relate to people on all levels of the business.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintaining receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing procedures
- Directing the warehouse team in daily work flow and logistics processes
- Organising freight schedules and developing the freight matrix through effective negotiations with freight companies
- Ensure that all goods received comply with standards set by the company
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees
- Act as a link between the sales force and warehouse team
- Ensure strict implementation of the building management system specifically concerning the warehouse rules and regulations
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Post Matric qualification in Warehousing / Logistics Management
- 4 - 5 years’ warehouse / logistics experience in hydraulic, hose & fittings or associated industries
- A keen eye for detail and safety
- Proven leadership skills with a proactive attitude
- Good working knowledge of MS Office programs and Syspro
- Good communication and people skills
- Forklift licence will be essential
What's on Offer:
If this resonates with you, please apply and I will be in contact with you.