Job Purpose: Our client is seeking for a person holding a Master of Sciences degree in Engineering or Physics who would like to start their carrier in the renewable energies sector with a focus on wind energy. The work would consist of supporting technical activities required during the project development phase related to wind measurements and wind resource measurement assessment.
- Manage wind measurement systems of the company along Japan (Meteorological stations, LIDARs or others) in coordination with Project Managers, Company's Meteorological Team experts and subcontractors.
- Organize and manage company's data using the tools and coordinating with the meteorological data management services provider.
- Create and provide regular data reporting.
- Prepare data packages to be issued to third parties (Wind consultants, wind turbine suppliers) and support their work (Site visits).
- Identify, analyse, and propose solutions for improving measurements quality (Instrumentation, communications, power supply, etc)
- Follow up on wind specific guidelines and regulations in Japan.
- Support to the wind turbine procurement process.
- Identifying and running in house wind flow modelling software.
- Review deliverables from wind consultants.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Msc in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Aeronautical or similar) or Physics
- Knowledge with wind specific software (MASCOT, WAsP, Windsim or other CFD codes). Macros programming. Microsoft Project
- Excellent English and Japanese written and verbal communication skills as work will involve dealing regularly with Japanese contractors and foreign consultants and partners.
- Experience in instrumentation.
- Good computer skills: Apart from general office tools. Google Earth. Database creation and management experience (equipment inventory, data, reporting).
To apply and for more information about this or many other Renewable Energy Industry related positions in the Asia Pacific region please send your CV/Resume in Word Format to APAC@earthstreamglobal.com. Apply to EarthStream Global Pte Ltd.